Friday, October 29, 2004

Editing ...And That'd Be Encroachment

My great friend Dan came to visit me. We have a "production company" called Wonton Productions Inc. or WPI We've been doing vid's since we waz kidz. This past trip was no different. We came up with a story for our next big video. It was about Satan and Jesus who were divorced and decided that they should get an apartment together. Title,
"...And, That'd Be Encroachment"


We(Dan, 'nother friend: Kenny, and My Younger Sister: Brie) shot the whole thing over 3 days with a 2 chip MiniDV Sony HandyCam. We had a tripod and that was it. No lighting or anything. We're getting better, I promise.

Well, I got the pre-opening and the theme song edited using Windows Movie Maker 2. It's cool but really makes my editing bitchy. I can't really be too imaginative with it. My titles are generic titles. I can't create anything, it's all predefined. I can't afford Adobe Premier or a Mac to get Final Cut Pro.

Being a programmer and a dork, I've been using slackware Linux for a while now and I've decided to go the OpenSource route of editing. I've found a few FREE editors. Kino and Cinelerra. Both of which have AMAZING editing capabilities.

I'm psyched to get the rest of this thing done!! Why did I put it off for so long? I dunno. Life got busy.

Dan just emailed me as I am writing this saying

Excerpt from Dan's Email: WPI database
"I need pictures of you, Kenny, and Scott(another friend). I also need biographies.
Come on! Man! Man! Come on! Man! It's been months!!! Man!!!!! Come on!!!11one11"


How funny is that? Great minds think alike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home