Monday, November 29, 2004

Jury Duty

I may have jury duty next week (December 6th). I'm a little concerned about my financial situation. I won't be getting any money from work because I won't be working. I think jury duty pays me $40/day. Either way it's possible that it will take a few weeks. I've tried to postpone by writing a letter that states that I won't be getting paid(because I won't) and saying due to my religion, I can't(because I can't). To no avail I get this paper on Thursday that said in internet-shouting CAPITAL LETTERS.

WE HAVE REVIEWED YOUR POSTPONEMENT LETTER AND DECIDED THAT YOUR POSTPONEMENT REQUEST HAS BE DENIED.

Fuck.

So they give me the reason(s). But I can still postpone it for up to 6 months. That'll land around june. Which sucks because my sister is going to China sometime next year and leaving the Kung Fu School to me to run. So I guess i'm just gunna have to play it by ear.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home