Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Oh, the insanity of Automation.

I want to completely automate my house. I would love to be able to call(or connect to) my house and tell hit to turn on lights, or turn up the heat, or close some heating vents or anything. I just love the fact that you have complete control over something you spend so much time and money on. There is the X10 protocol which uses your house's electrical wiring to send High Frequency Radio Waves to receivers all throughout the house. Now this technology is far from new. There were things around a few years ago.

Imagine using your cell phone to call home and tell it to put the heat up to 70 and the kitchen light on. Or logging into your home network and changing what TIVO should record tonight because you are running late.

That's what I call automation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Seems kinda' lazy to me.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home