Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm doing nothing.

They did a server upgrade to all of the 300 computers. That means a new domain. Which means they have to change all 300 computers over to the new domain. Which means that everything is broken including my workspace(from which I have to do my work). Which means I can't do any work.

I would've been happy a year or two ago not doing any work. Now, I am just sitting here thinking of stuff to do. I feel bad, in a way, that i'm not doing all that much. I should be working my ass off inching ever-so-closely towards that programmers happy place called "Production Rollout". The magical land of "Production Rollout" is where all the happy little programs go to live when the have been engrained with it's very last binary 1's or 0's. This is a wonderful, blissful, a place of plentiful RAM and amazing hard drive space. Home of the gods/goddesses: "The End Users".

In contrast to the heaven of "Production Rollout" where the good programs go there is the land of bad programs. This land is called "Debug Hell". This is the land where programs that are missing that important 1 or 0 goes to be reminded that there is a much better place. Eventually, though, if a program is not a total loss it will be risen to the land of "The End Users".

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I'm currently a Java developer doing a legacy conversion. Basically taking an old shit system and converting them to a newer more object oriented way of doing stuff. I'm getting more into .net

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home