Friday, January 21, 2005

Got my ass kicked.

I'm a martial artist. Ok? I like to kick and punch stuff. I don't really fight ever. Just spar once in a while and i've never been in a street fight.

Sparring is a great thing to do to keep you and your senses on your toes. Usually there is very little contact. It's more of a game of tag. Unless, of course, you've been doing it a while, like me. Then, well, you get hurt.

I see a kick thrown to my head I start to drop out of the way:

I notice this open spot on his stomach that he just can't seem to get covered quick enough and will allow me to break him down by giving him a nice 'tap' right there. I have to remember that... His face is a bit squished from the meaningful expression the kick has thrown his face into. I know him pretty well by now. He has moved slow up until now. He's really tense which gives me an advantage, seeing that his body is one jumble of tight muscle. Maybe if I kick him in the knee, as soon as his leg misses me. Maybe that'll hurt him enough to think twice about throwing that kick again... ever.

It feels pretty warm right now- I wish the fan's were on. Oh, they are. Well I wish they were on higher. I noticed the gentle breeze but assumed it was air in my clothes as I jumped. My back is burning from something.. wait.. so is my legs.. what is it? oh! It's adrenaline. Dammit! I don't want the adrenaline now! I'm fine. I'm not even all that worried anymore. He isn't as good as I thought. Ah! I can get him easy now. I noticed that he puts too much weight on his leg.. even when he's standing. Simple. I'll just walk right into him and knock him over. That's it!

I notice the world get a bit blurry. The tearing heat in my head makes me feel woozy. I noticed the faint cracking sound of shoelaces hitting my ear. The subtle sting of a bruised ego.

Shit. That hurt.

I was slower than I thought. I couldn't lose that kick. Target detroyed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda B. said...

You are funny. You should check out http://ganman.typepad.com/blog/ I think you guys would have a lot in common. I'm not trying to set you up on a date, unless you want it to be a date in which case, I'm sorry but I don't think ganman is gay.

Be careful out there with the karate.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey, I'm not gay. That's nice that you thought so. That means I look good and I'm friends with everyone.

Thanks for your comment it makes me feel really happy.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home