Thursday, February 17, 2005

Because, I Am Me

Many years ago, seldom people can remember vividly, something grand happened.

A baby, not yet born, decided it was his turn to enter a wonderful world. A world much colder, brighter, more painful, happier and sadder than where he was.

Somewhere between the depths of 12:01am and 11:59pm on February the 17th this boy decided to join his fully living, fully clothed family. After the excitement of labor was finally exhausted and the baby, now crying, was handed to the doctor who slapped his bottom gently, gave him a quick rub down and a weigh. He then was handed to this precious baby's mother who was exhausted, relieved and happy.


People weren't sure what his name was supposed to be.
He just sat in his mother’s arms like it was his throne, high above all the land, like a king.

Can we find a name good enough for him? Will there ever be a name that can do him justice? Yes I think we can.

A name meaning:"Little King".

The perfect name for this little baby boy.

The name is "Ryan".

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Just thinking.... holy shit! It's Thursday. Forgot to say, "Happy Birthday," to Ryan.

Then I think...

OH FUCK! Yesterday was Erin's birthday (Ryan's sister). She'll kick my ass because I forgot.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

should I be wishing you happy birthday then...???

great writing (again...

1:17 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Dan! You're slippin bud!

Happy Birthday Ryan!

2:59 PM  
Blogger LK said...

Happy Birthday, have you got yourself a throne to sit on this year?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy Birthday. I got you a gift. You can pick it up at the Canada/U.S. border crossing. I can't remember which one I had to leave it at but they said they'd hold it for you. Bring a truck. It's big.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

H&B, I just spent a day in the border authority holding center. They said something about some "Hariduana" . Never heard of it. They finally let me go.

Thanks for the thought though.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home