Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm officially a Geek

I've been drawn into the world of the new Battlestar Galactica.

Why? I don't know.
I was never a huge Star Wars fan.
I was never a huge Star Trek fan even though I would watch the next generation.
I never saw the old one so I have nothing to base on.

Coworker A gave me 2 DVDs with all of the episodes and the Mini-series. I watched the mini-series and I was grasped by the large talons of this show.

This bothers me a bit. I don't have time as it is to watch the shows we want to watch now but I feel compelled to take a breather and watch this completely futuristic-not-so-futuristic show.

It's basically about a bunch of planets that have been inhabited by, what I’m assuming are, humans. Bing-bong-boom: The planets are struck by nuclear attacks etc. and destroy most of what is left of these inhabiting humans. Mostly, the only people left are the ones in space. They're next. These aren't aliens, these aren't power-hungry humans, they’re robots. Fucking programs that have self-evolved from the binary digits of 1's and 0's to lifelike forms to come and fuck the humans up. Why? Because. They. Can.

Battlestar Galactica is this old, fucking huge, just going out of commission, ship used mainly as a historical gallery. This beast has everything you can want in your own home (even co-ed shower rooms). The captain of the ship decides it's time to fight back because, well, he has no choice.

Ok. Great. No goofy ass aliens called Earobians that look suspiciously like humans except that they have an extra earlobe. No overly stupid characters that you can't relate to. No completely over-the-top science fiction talks. Just fun times fighting against these cool enemies.

I think I now know why I like it: My Job.

I've noticed it is happening. Computers are sweet, no doubt.
But Virus', Hackers, Blogs!

Wow.. I can see it now.

4 Comments:

Blogger paperfruithair said...

Barring actual nudity in these co-ed shower scenes, I still don't know about the whole Aliens That Speak English thing..

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yup, geek.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I don't quite understand why a machine would want to conquer anyone? What would be the point of killing humans. More space for 1's and 0's?
Maybe we humans are just 1's and 0's and we don't even know it...whole world in crashing in on me..must go lay down...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Oh boy. My husband is all about the new Battlestar Galactica. Has to have something to do with the cylons being mostly hot chicks. :)

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home