Friday, February 18, 2005

Looking

I'm starting to look around for a new job.

I love my current position. There just doesn't seem to be enough growth opportunity here. Though, I may have a few avenues to travel down here. The problem is, none have become apparent to me at this time.

I always do this to myself. I hear from one of my friend or co-workers that I may have an opportunity to get my foot in the door somewhere, then nothing comes of it. I am an easily excitable person. I get excited that someone likes what I do and I guess I assume that just because someone likes me is a good enough reason to offer me something.

I've been working here for a year and three months. I knew coming in that this would be an experience-only job. Yes, I make more than I have ever in my life, but I know I can make more money and continue to be happy.

I've been considering this for a few months:

I can stay in a stable work environment. Laid back.
Why?
I really enjoy the people I work with. We have a great time.
My boss is really freaking awesome.
They pay isn't great for my title but the experience is the big payback.

OR

I can really look for another position.
Why?
There is a possibility of getting into another stable environment.
Get another cool boss.
Like the new people I'm working with.
Get better pay(which isn't everything, I know)

So, I'm lackidasically looking for a job. If I see one I could fit in I'll send my resume.

On the same, separate, note: I just sent in my resume about 10 minutes ago, 2 minutes later I get a call from the company. I now have 2 interviews from the same people. The HR guy said "They will be interested".

Edit: I just emailed my old professor from College. He told me he has a position open as well. Wow.. three in one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Oooh! I just decided to change companies today too. I get excited very easily and had tried to hang on to where I was at for a while because I didn't want to make a bad choice due to "The grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome, but sticking around might have bit me in the butt today so I am going to get moving.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Wow! It sounds like like "the Universe" has opened some doors for you!

Congratulations, and thanks for the support today. :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Well, la de da..Three offers and hardly started looking.
Can you put in a good word for me at your old job..

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home