Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Coffee

I never started drinking coffee before I got a true desk job.
As a programmer I need stimulation of the brain to keep my mind full of logical openness.

I wrap my brain around alot of shit everyday. So much it makes me so freaking tired everyday.
I see in binary. Ok, no I don't.

Coffee is kind of good at assisting with that stuff.
You drink it and you know it's just not good for you. You can taste the bitter love that was created from water filtering through these coffee-whore beans. Just oozing with sharp, blood pressure rising, love.

We get free coffee here. That's a first for me. All of my previous places of work all said "Hey Ryan! You want something free? How about your manditory half lunch time, that's free. Oh yeah and we'll actually mail your check to your house so you don't get it on time. How's that?"

They have a coffee maker that supplies 30 fiends of the black jolt. Somehow when I go there for my first cup of coffee in the morning(around 8:30am) all the coffee is gone.

Fine, I'll make some more. Just this once.

Put the filter in.
Open the coffee grounds.
Dump in coffee grounds.
Get water from the filter/cooler for 10 minutes.
dump water in maker.
Put orange safety marker thing on handle of coffee pot.
Go back to desk and continue working.
10 minutes later i'll go back and again:
no. fucking. coffee.

I make a face very much like my profile picture.

You know what? Fuck them. I'm not going to make coffee again. I can handle not drinking it. I can! I have self control.

I'm being taken advantage of.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i can honestly say i've never drunk a cup of coffee, i've sipped one and hate the taste...but i love the smell...

i've also never had a beer...

4:11 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

For some reason i only like iced coffee...in a bottle...from 7-11. frappuccino. Yum.

"I make a face very much like my profile picture."

Hahhaaa!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The same thing happens at my office, so I started making regular coffee in the Decaf pot, because the people here see orange and assume that it really is decaf so no one touches it leaving a whole pot all for me!

Moral of the story, Dont let them take advantage of you if you are smart enough to out smart them!

9:31 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

branshine has a great idea!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Ooooh. Branshine is an evil genius. Wonderful idea.

I love coffee so much. I'm certain at this point in my life I could not live without it. Perhaps in my later years when I'm all healthy and into yoga and whatnot.

;)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Blue944 said...

This is exactly why Bran is going to level 8 in Hell...good idea though.

6:57 PM  
Blogger LK said...

As you can probably guess, I love coffee. And so I hate to hear of your defeat although I admire your willpower to resist it.

Could some kind of subtle trick of the eye be employed here? Set the coffee machine working and then perhaps cover it with that army netting and a few large leaves and hope everybody will simply think it's a noisy potplant and walk on by?

Note: You may have to place it on the floor, in the corner for this disguise to work.

Don't give up, coffee is great!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home