Monday, March 07, 2005

Soundtrack

I've always thought life has a soundtrack.

A soundtrack for that perfect evil moment in life.
A soundtrack for that lovely sexual moment.
A soundtrack for that seemingly never ending speech or a soundtrack for a time that shouldn't ever end.


It happens rarely to me. I'll be doing something listening to my seldom empty CD player or computer when something epic happens:

The melody chimes while laying in a sweaty heap.
The song builds as you make your decision to close on the house.
The screaming continues in your angry, teary rage.
The lyrics say it in a way you can't. "Yeah, that's what I mean"
The chorus rings, driving your point home, again.
The song starts to fade and calm down, light up that smoke.
Silence.

The song completely matches the moment. Your leading the song and the song is leading you.

How the hell does that happen?

Most recently for me I was listening to a Radiohead song ("Exit Music(for a film)") while thinking about some high school memories. Freaking amazing.

Ever happen to you?

18 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Heh... I bet you just watched that episode of Family Guy where Peter wished he had his own theme music.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Funny but no.

10:58 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

Constantly. Every moment in my life has a Dave lyric to match it. Happens with other artists, but ALWAYS with a Dave song and always the right song for the right time. Kind of freaky how that works!

11:09 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

Sorry, your picture still cracks me up!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Dave and Jason Mraz.

11:34 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

and mike doughty and ben harper...

11:56 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

and Ben Folds and Guster.

12:01 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

and OAR...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

and Black Lab.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

...and Tom Freakin' Petty.

12:46 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

Ha! and Jack Johnson...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

and oh.. I don't know

12:59 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

I win. Everybody back to work! ha ha, your picture...when is that going to stop cracking me up??

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Just for that you can view the WHOLE picture.

Click here

1:10 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

It won't open, I'll have to try at home, damn IS department.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

pearl jam seem to say things just right for my life...depressing yet somehow uplifting...have i mentioned i love eddie vedder...lol

2:11 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

got the picture to open...too funny, what's behind the curtain?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm behind the curtain.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home