Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Iron Flower

I sit here some days trying to figure out what the hell i'm going to put on this blog.

Sometimes it comes to me while I'm doing something and other's I have to just post something.

Either way, I take random looks at other blogs. Mostly they seem to be just directionless ramblings. I've come to realize that I love the blogs I frequent. The people I read are much more interesting and poetic than these other blogs out there.

I don't really know what I should be doing with this chunk of space on this web of information.

Do I do what I do? Doesn't that seem like just pointless writing/reading? I can't be interesting to everyone.

Do I move the blog towards a specific theme like music, sex, love, hate or pictures?
This needs to be different then those other boring fucking blogs.

Do I aspire to become famous for this blog? No, I don't think so.

Why am I doing this then? Not for me. I love doing it though. So, maybe it is for me.

It's like when I was in High School.

When we first got "The Internet" it was fucking amazing.

We could go to 3 sites. Yahoo, Some chat site, and some other chat site.

You could make your own site and expect people to see it and be interested. Now 13 year old kids are blogging about the sexual experiances and drug induced nights full of exposure to things I have never thought of.

Here I am talking about my snowboarding adventures. I have some thinking to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

Hey there. Thanks for the comment. First of all, can I tell you that your picture scared the shit out of me??! I always expect either fake one (maybe it is...) or a posed/cropped one. Never the face you were making! I guess that's my point here...

Don't analyze your blog! Write whatever the hell hits you that day. If it's snowboarding, so be it, if it's too many nuts in your cracker jack box, people still want to know what's going on with you. They don't need a THEME. Now, if a theme will make you feel like you're getting more out of it, fine. But then what happens if the coke machine eats your dollar, then the next dollar...aren't you going to want to bitch about it here? What if it's not part of the theme? My advice (not that you're asking) is to just not worry about it. This is YOUR blog. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I totally disagree with the other commetors. This blog should just be about your snowboarding adventures and you should post about them every day.
And you should also consider going on welfare so you can devote your life to building an audience.
Or you could continue to just be yourself and I'll keep reading your stuff out of pity...

10:57 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hmmm... a blog about snowboarding... might be boring in the summer.

Oh, wait. It snows in Buffalo in summer, too, doesn't it?

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home